Described in the simplest terms, a split system is a cooling unit wherein the evaporator unit and condensing unit have been “split” into two separate units instead of being contained within the same housing. The evaporator unit is located in or near your cellar, and the condensing unit is generally located outside, or in an attic or utility room.
The Platinum Series of split systems allow you to decide where the evaporator unit and the condensing unit will be located. The condensing unit can be located up to 100 ft. away from the evaporator unit. The evaporator unit will be mounted in the cellar or it can also be located nearby with ducting.
If you don’t mind seeing the grille of your cooling unit in your cellar, a wall-mounted split system is what you need. If you prefer your unit to be out of sight, you should get a fully ducted split system. The choice is yours.
Note: A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
- Greater cooling capacity
- Dual evaporators
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- Liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe
- Flexible installation
- 55°F temperature differential
- Suitable for temperatures as low as -15F to 110F
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors w/optional housing
- Includes cold weather start kit
- Pump-down system for longer compressor life*