Replacement Unit under Warranty Agreement
This program is designed to provide the customer with a replacement cooling unit for their wine cellar when the problem cannot be corrected after going through proper troubleshooting procedures. In an effort to reduce the unnecessary expenses and inconvenience associated with replacing the cooling unit in the field, it is essential to perform all troubleshooting steps in order to ensure that the problem cannot be corrected without replacing it. Prior to replacing the unit, the following items must be verified or supplied:
The cellar must be properly built-
The cellar must be constructed per the guidelines in the Owner’s Manual, a properly built wine cellar must be fully insulated and include a completely sealed vapor barrier which will prevent excessive moisture from entering the cellar. The customer is required to install the external drain line to dispel the condensate. Failure to do so will void the warranty.
The unit must be installed in the wine cellar correctly-
Keep in mind that approximately 50% of cooling unit problems is associated with improper installation, unit not sized properly or poor ventilation. 1. Temperature differential test to check whether the unit is cooling and verify that the temperatures are within what the unit is designed to handle. 2. Supply digital photographs of the installation space (both the exhaust room and the wine cellar itself) to verify proper airflow and ventilation. 3. Unit must be installed with no obstruction to the airflow.
After the troubleshooting steps have been completed, any temperature tests, photos or other information requested is submitted to a customer service representative, the customer can request a replacement unit to be shipped under the following Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions-
- WhisperKOOL will cover the charges for shipping the replacement unit to the customer via “Fed Ex Ground.” The customer may request faster shipping service but must cover the additional cost.
- Factory Authorized Replacements have been tested at the factory and are in proper operating condition at the time of shipment.
- Install the replacement unit into the cellar and use the packaging to pack up the original unit for return to the factory. Be sure to write the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number clearly on the package when sending the unit back to the factory. RMA will be provided at time of ordering replacement. A prepaid return tag will be sent to you via e-mail.
- In order to complete the Replacement Unit Agreement, please fill out the credit card information below. Your credit card will only be charged in the following two circumstances.
- Upon return: the original unit will be evaluated, if the unit is found to be working properly, or upon inspection there is evidence of improper use, or if there is evidence of improper installation not according to WhisperKOOL specifications with the accompanying installation materials and supplies, you will be charged for the following:
- Maximum of $350.00
- Recovering freight charges for the replacement unit shipped to the customer (depending on distance $75 to $80 on large units; $60 to $75 on small units) WhisperKOOL will provide documentation and analysis from inspection upon request.
- If you fail to return the original WhisperKOOL unit to the factory within 21 days, we will charge your credit card with the minimum retail price shown on the website at www.WhisperKOOL.com for the model being replaced.
- This program is only for existing WhisperKOOL units under warranty.
- Replacement units are subject to availability. Your size replacement may not be available at all times.
- Units are subject to availability in regards to choice of color, units may also have minor cosmetic imperfections
- The unit must be returned to the factory with its thermostat.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to secure safe haven/storage for ANY AND ALL items that are kept and stored in the their wine cellar. WhisperKOOL takes no responsibility for the safety and preservation of the aforementioned items in the event that the environment becomes unsuitable to maintain a proper storage environment.
- If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact our Customer Service Department at (800) 343.9463.