Our goal in customer service is to meet your needs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
A. If the unit fails during the warranty period, a replacement unit is sent at no cost to you providing that all warranty procedures are followed. Every cellar environment has its own unique set of challenges therefore there are several steps involved in the warranty process.
B. If your unit fails after the warranty period, we offer three solutions:
1. Troubleshooting the system with our customer service department
- Install may not allow optimal performance, pictures of the installation (in the cellar and where the unit exhausts will be needed.)
- We offer a wide range of product to assist you in your install, such as an exterior housing, flange kit and ducting kit or even the chance to upgrade your unit. By answering a questionnaire, we can make this determination. Call to get more information.
- Customer Service will work with you to assure the unit is running optimally by taking temperature measurements in the cellar and the exhaust side of the unit.
2. Repair Unit
a. You have the option of sending the Unit in to the Factory for repairs.
- Unit is required to be securely packaged by using a U haul box or a box secure enough to fit the box.
- Shipping can be inconvenient and packaging can be expensive as you will need to outsource this.
- Can be less expense than a HVAC technician.
- The time line is a minimum of two weeks.
- It can take 2-3 weeks, accounting for the time you ship to time you receive your unit.
- During this time you need to assure your wine is kept cool.
b. Finding a local technician in your area.
- We have a nationwide list of technicians that are not affiliated with the company and of which we have worked with in repair of our units.
- Technicians are independent contractors, therefore we cannot make any guarantees of the type of service provided.
- Technicians may purchase parts directly from us and only have a limited time warranty on them.
Things to keep in mind while making your choice:
- Technicians are not always readily available in summer due to high demand
- Charges can be expensive if they are required to remove the unit and reinstall it.
- Timelines are usually two weeks based on the need to troubleshoot, order parts, repaired and re-install.
3. Purchase a unit through our Consumer Care Program.
We offer a Consumer Care Program to give the existing customer a chance to get a new technology at a discount cost.
In many cases the failing unit has been misapplied and the correct unit for the installation is sought after during the replacement process.
- This is the best, most efficient way to get your cellar cooling quickly. Call for more details.
- Give you an opportunity to purchase new technology at a discounted price.
- We are always developing new technology to deal with your unique cellar challenges.
- We want to help you find the best product for your application.
We are available by phone at 1.800.343.9463 to answer any questions you may have and make informed recommendations on your cooling unit requirements. You may also reach us by email from the Contact page, and you will receive a return email within 1-2 business days.