ISO 9001 certification
We are engaged in the process of becoming an ISO 9001 certified company. We believe this certification is important to our customers and our company as we continue to develop new products and grow our business.
The ISO 9001 standard is related to a quality management system which is designed to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and stakeholders while at the same time, meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to the products they manufacture...
ISO 9001 standards deal with the fundamentals of the eight management principles on which the family of standards is based.
Third party certification organizations provide independent confirmation that companies meet the requirements of ISO 9001. Before the certification body can issue a certificate, the auditor must be satisfied that the company being assessed has implemented the specific requirements.
The ISO 9001 requirements include the following items.
- The quality policy is a formal statement from management, closely linked to the business and marketing plan and to customer needs.
- The quality policy is understood and followed at all levels and by all employees. Each employee works towards measurable objectives.
- The business makes decisions about the quality system based on recorded data.
- The quality system is regularly audited and evaluated for conformance and effectiveness.
- Records show how and where raw materials and products were processed to allow products and problems to be traced to the source.
- The business determines customer requirements.
- The business has created systems for communicating with customers about product information, inquiries, contracts, orders, feedback, and complaints.
- When developing new products, the business plans the stages of development, with appropriate testing at each stage. It tests and documents whether the product meets design requirements, regulatory requirements, and user needs.
- The business regularly reviews performance through internal audits and meetings. The business determines whether the quality system is working and what improvements can be made. It has a documented procedure for internal audits.
- The business deals with past problems and potential problems. It keeps records of these activities and the resulting decisions, and monitors their effectiveness.
- The business has documented procedures for dealing with actual and potential non-conformances (problems involving suppliers, customers, or internal problems).
ISO 9001 will help to assure that we grow in an efficient manner giving our customer’s needs the full focus they deserve in an organized, methodical approach which results in high quality products and services which are well conceived and implemented efficiently.